Medicines are quite helpful in providing treatment for various disorders in our system. However, they can contribute to potential health hazards if used inappropriately which can be a result of poor knowledge or ignorance. If you are considering Vardenafil 20mg dosage for your medications, for instance, then you should be aware of its proper usage, precautions, and potential side effects.
Vardenafil is a counterpart medicine for Tadanafil, Sildenafil, and other related drugs for treating erection disorders. But how does this drug works? The phosphodiesterase (PDE) inhibitor simply functions by enhancing the blood flow towards the penis, thus stimulating the male organ during sexual activity.
The most common dosage for this medication is the Vardenafil 20 mg tablet. This amount of dosage is enough, in most cases, to arouse sexual drive but should not be abused or taken in larger or smaller dosage. If you use this medicine beyond your doctor’s prescription, you will definitely end up with serious health complications or even fatal symptoms.
Just like any other medicines, the Vardenafil can have potential side effects especially if you’re pursuing this medication without considering your existing medical conditions. You should never risk of putting your life in danger by considering the following precautions before ingesting Vardenafil into your system:
• Inform your healthcare provider if you have known allergies to Vardenafil drug.
• Avoid this medication if you have been taken drugs containing nitrites or nitrates, such as isosorbide mononitrate (ISMO, or Imdur), isosorbide dinitrate (Isordil), as well as nitroglycerin (Nitro-Dur, Nitrostat, Nitro-BID, Nitroquick, and many others). If you are currently taking certain medications but not quite sure if these contain nitrites or nitrates, it is best for you to consult your doctor.
• Never combine your medications with certain street drugs, like the one commonly known as “popper” or butyl nitrate or amyl nitrate.
• Inform your doctor if you are taking other supplements or herbal medications of any forms.
• The Vardenafil drug is ONLY designed as treatment for men. Women who are pregnant, or want to become pregnant, should avoid this drug, otherwise they should call the doctor’s attention at once in case they have taken the drug.
• If you should undergo a medical surgery, such as dental surgery, you should let your physician know that you are currently taking vardenafil drugs.
• Take note that sexual activity requires your heart to work out. If you have been diagnosed with heart-related diseases, you should let your doctor know before you can jump-start the vardenafil medication.
• If taking the vardenafil drug, never hesitate to inform your health care providers about it. This will ensure your overall safety, especially when you undergo an emergency medical procedure.
• Be honest with your doctor if you are smoking or drinking alcoholic beverages. You should also tell them if you are suffering a deformation of the penis, diabetes, abnormal blood pressure, bleeding disorders, heart problems, liver disease, kidney disorders, blood cell disorders, multiple myeloma, cholesterol, angina, and any other illnesses that your doctor deserves to know.
• Provide your physician a complete list of drugs, supplements, non-prescription or prescription medications you have been taken.
Whether you like it or not, your health is one of your major responsibilities that is why knowledge of any drugs you are planning to take should be highly considered. You can talk to your doctor today if you are planning to consider vardenafil in medication.